Revision Date : 04 September 2022.
The policy applies only to the Unovino website, marketplace and platform (www.unovino.com) and applies to all ‘personal information’ we hold. ‘Personal information’ is defined as any information that identifies or can be used to identify the person to whom such information pertains. The security of your personal information is very important to us, and this policy details how data about you is used when you access our website and services or interact with us.
This policy also applies to personal information that we have obtained from third parties such as the providers of Goods or Services we market through this site.
Please regularly review this policy and if we update it, we will revise the Revision Date above.
Protecting your Privacy
We retain data as needed to facilitate or personalise your use of Unovino services, combat fraud/abuse and/or as required by law. We make good faith efforts to collect and store data securely but can make no guarantees that a data breach will not occur.
Unovino does not retain your credit card information. All orders placed through our website use a secure third-party environment provided by Stripe (www.stripe.com) which uses secure server software to encrypt information that you provide when you place orders.
Below we describe why we gather certain information, what we collect, how we collect it and what we use the information for.
When you visit Unovino, we collect personal information about you which is collected to facilitate the supply of Goods or Services via our website. We will only collect information to allow us, or our trusted third partners, to supply these Goods or Services or that is incidental to the supply of Goods or Services.
Our website is intended for visitors 18 years and over and we do not knowingly collect data relating to minors.
We collect personal information from you when you create a user account, membership, newsletter subscription, complete a web form, purchase Goods or Services, or interact with us to facilitate the supply of the Goods or Services.
This personal information may include:
- Your name, date of birth (or age) and contact details, including your demographic information, such as postcode, street address, email and/or telephone
- Your preferences and/or opinions
- Your browser sessions, including and not limited to geo-location data, device, statistics, etc.
- Your access and use of our website, platform and/or marketplace, including and not limited to cookies, IP address, type of operating system, type of browser, etc.
- Additional personal information provided, directly or indirectly, including and not limited to associated social media platforms, associated applications, etc.
- Your business details liquor licence number, ABN, business name and legal entity
- Images of you, your winery or your products
We may collect these types of personal information directly from you or from third parties but for clarity, your credit card or bank account information is not collected or stored by Unovino.
Unovino does not require the collection of your personal information to access our website, unless such information is required to respond to a query, employment application, purchase and deliver the Goods or Services marketed by us, or to deliver an enhanced customer experience to you.
Use of Data
We use the information we collect from you to provide an enhanced and more personalised customer experience and to inform you of offers and discounts we may have from time to time.
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To verify your date of birth details, as it is against the law to supply liquor to a person who is under 18 years of age
- To deliver the Goods or Services purchased through Unovino
- To personalise your experience and help us to better respond to your individual needs
- To improve our website as we continually strive to improve our services based on the information and feedback we receive from you
- To improve our customer service and allow us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs
- To send periodic emails pertaining to our Goods or Services
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
Disclosure of Information
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information other than to the vendor from which you have purchased Goods or Services, or other trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect our or others' rights, property, or safety.
By providing us with your personal information, you consent to the disclosure of your personal information to third parties including:
- Third-party service providers, including and not limited to IT service providers, data storage, web hosting and server providers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors and payment systems operators.
- Our employees, contractors and/or related entities.
- Our existing or potential suppliers, agents or business partners including wineries, their delivery partners, etc.
- Sponsors or promoters of any competition we run.
- Credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for and/or supply goods or services.
- Courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
- Third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you. This may include parties located, or that store data, outside of Australia, such as Facebook, Instagram, Google, etc.
Cookies, by themselves, do not tell us your email address or other personally identifiable information. And they do not store any personal or financial information about you. However, if and when you choose to provide our site with personal information, this information may be linked to the data stored in the cookie.
Google Remarketing Tag
We use Google Advertising on the Display Network and you may therefore see some of our ads appear on Google and on other websites throughout the world wide web. We have added a Google Tag to our pages so that Google collects data to know which pages you visited on our website to show you relevant ads. Google will not give that data to other vendors and will only use the information to determine which ads to show you.
Should you decide to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions within each email sent to you.
You will always have access to the personal information that you provide us. You can readily edit or delete the personal information you provided unless it is mandatory information we are required by law to maintain.
Ultimately, you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your username and passwords and any account information.
Third party links
Unovino may link to websites that pertain to the Goods or Services we market, or provide the information we feel is valuable to our visitors.
We do not have any control over those websites, and we are not responsible for the protection and privacy of any personal information which you provide whilst visiting those websites. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies which your should read carefully before using.
Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Right to know: You have the right to request that we disclose the data we collect, use and disclose about you, and other information relating to data we collect about you.
Right to delete: You have the right to request the deletion of data that we have collected from you, subject to certain exceptions.
Right to non-discrimination: You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for exercising the rights listed above.
Complaints and Contact details
If you are concerned that your personal information has been mishandled, or if you wish to obtain additional information about the way we handle Privacy issues, you can contact us email@example.com.